TENNIS INSTRUCTOR II
Reporting to the Recreation Programmer/Recreation Coordinator, Instructors are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a high quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of registered participants at all times.
• Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating tennis lessons for all levels of participants
• Keep current with industry trends and new class formats
• Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
• Communicate with participants in regards to lesson opportunities and accident prevention
• Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
• Supervise and mentor volunteers and assistants
• Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures)
• Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
• Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
• Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
• Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
• Attend meetings/training as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Coach 1 Certificate from Tennis Canada
• Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching at Coach 1 level
• Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
• Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part-time
Hourly rate: $15.75
Applications must be received by December 31, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by December 31, 2019. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.