Under the direction of the Inclusion/Integration Director/Recreation Programmer, Cordinator, provide a high quality program for all participants with disabilities through positive experiences, communication, creativity, enthusiasm and organization. Supervise all components of the Inclusion programs.
- Plan, implement and deliver age-appropriate specialized programming, including the care and control of program participants, ensuring the programming meets the needs of all participants and are appropriately delivered
- Assist with supervising, scheduling, training and evaluating part-time staff and volunteers to maintain high level of service
- Assist with conducting pre-program visits with new families and ensuring the participant profile is accurately completed
- Act as a resource for staff as required with participant’s daily needs, which may include personal hygiene, toileting, feeding, lifting and transferring, dressing/changing and behavior modificiation
- Maintain a safe and clean program environment
- Administer medications as required according to Corporate Policy.
- Utilize specialized equipment and apparatus
- Handle program feedback in a professional manner by providing exceptional customer service
- Assist with the planning, organizing, evaluating and documentation of staff training
- Maintain accurate inventory of program supplies
- Interact with and ensure parents/guardians are informed of the participant’s daily activities and over all well-being
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (i.e. staff and program schedules, incident/accident reports, medication logs, permission forms, bus attendance, SREA)
- Assist with daily attendance, follow up telephone calls in the event of absent campers and with extended day care programming and delivery
- Travel between work sites during shift
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 16 yrs of age
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with individuals with special needs
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence and full time use of a vehicle
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- If working in a camp environment: Safeguard certification from an accredited organization is required
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Hourly rate: $18.00
Applications must be received by November 01, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.