Under the direction of the Operations Coordinator/Supervisor on Duty, responsible for the care and control of a multi-purpose facility and part time staff in the absence of full time staff. Maintain all amenities of assigned facility including arena and/or pool, fitness, meeting rooms/auditoriums, common and leased space to ensure that the building is clean and safely operated at all times.
- Assume responsibility and control of the facility and provide guidance and leadership to other part-time staff while providing exceptional customer service
- Maintain facility, grounds, equipment and amenities i.e. Operate ice resurfacer, compressor readings, edge, chip ice, paint lines, check pool equipment, maintain water balance, backwash and vacuum pool, pick litter, snow and ice removal, cut grass, wash and strip floors, wash windows and doors, clean washrooms, change rooms, empties garbage
- Liaise with the public with a positive customer service approach to provide information regarding the facility, to arrange room rentals, etc.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures, facility inspection reports)
- Set-up and take down of event spaces for functions, i.e. socials, trainings and meetings
- Monitor user functions to ensure that building security is maintained and the rental contract is adhered to. Contact emergency personnel (e.g. police, ambulance) if required
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up in a timely manner and take appropriate action
- Monitor building systems reporting concerns to supervisor
- Open and close building, ensuring that alarms are properly set; and doors are secured
- In the event of any emergency situation take charge in the absence of Supervisory staff
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years old
- Grade 12 education or equivalent as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education
- Valid Ontario non-probationary Class “G” driver’s licence and ability to obtain City of Brampton Propane Certification, Vehicle Operator Permit and specified equipment permits
- 3 years experience in a recreation facility environment
- Ability to work in varying and extreme weather conditions
- Certified Pool Operator Certification, an asset
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Standards, Basic Refrigeration Certification, an asset
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by November 01, 2019. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.