Reporting to the Recreation Programmer/Recreation Coordinator, plan, organize and implement a high quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to staff and volunteers. Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of registered participants at all times. Provides direction to Gymnastic coaches.
- Assist with recruitment of staff
- Supervise, coach and evaluate staff
- Assist with promotion of programs
- Assist with development, delivering and documentation of staff training and meetings
- Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating programs for all levels of participants
- Ensure participants and staff are equipped with all mandatory equipment during the program
- Ensure staff are following program plans and legislative requirements
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
- Handle program feedback in a professional manner by providing exceptional customer service
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (i.e. staff and program schedules, reports and incident/accident reports)
- Complete daily inspections of gymnastics area
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Make weekly camp calls and follow up calls in the event of missing campers
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Administer medications according to policy
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- NCCP Full Foundations or Level 1 Certification with Risk Management and Risk in Sport
- NCCP level 1 Trampoline, an asset
- Must have or willing to obtain NCCP Gymnastics Level 2
- High Five PHCD Certification an asset
- High Five Quest 2 Certification an asset
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part-Time
Applications must be received by October 11, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by October 11, 2019. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.