Under the direction of Manager, Development Services, this position is responsible to undertake required work on planning proposals and projects within a community planning context; liaise with other departments and agencies; effectively communicate proposals, projects to the public.
- Review, process, and formulate a planning opinion on planning proposals and projects within a community planning context (proposals and projects to include, official plan and zoning amendment applications, site plan applications, variance and consent applications, part lot control applications, plan of condominium applications, plan of subdivision applications and other projects as assigned)
- Process planning proposals and projects to consist of: circulating for comment to departments and agencies; co-ordinating and analyzing comments; conducting research; attending and conducting site visits, preparing reports and recommendations; attending and making presentations at Development Review Team, Planning Development Committee, Site Plan Committee, the Committee of Adjustment and Corporate Teams; preparing implementation documents (by-laws, official plan amendments, conditions of draft plan approval); providing comments on subdivision, rezoning, condominium and site plan agreements, and on community information maps
- Liaise with City departments and agencies and the public on planning proposals and planning matters
- Respond to general inquiries and provide effective customer service
- Attend and provide professional planning evidence at Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Hearings on assigned planning proposals and projects
- Maintain up-to-date land use planning knowledge through attendance at seminars and courses and through required reading
- Provide guidance to technical service and administration staff on assigned planning proposals and projects
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of three (3) to four (4) years in Land Use Planning or equivalent.
- Over two (2) years, up to and including four (4) years experience in land use planning (capable to be responsible for projects such as official plan and zoning amendments, sites plan approvals, variances and consents, and other relevant planning projects)
- Provisional C.I.P. and O.P.P.I. membership (or equivalent membership)
- Valid G driver’s licence
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
**Starting Salary: $ 76,421.80 per year
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Union
Applications must be received by: October 17, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103155 by October 17, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.