(1 YEAR CONTRACT)
Reference #: 103163
Starting salary $ 77,201.00 annually; Midpoint $ 86,851.00 annually
Are you passionate about the art and science of good policy and modernizing government? Do you thrive on challenging the status quo and bring a courageous, fresh perspective? This may be the right role for you.
We are looking for an experienced policy professional who can drive policy development and support service innovation. This is your opportunity to make a positive impact for Brampton as an emergent global city of the future.
You have a passion for conducting comprehensive research and analysis to inform policy decisions. Your greatest successes were achieved through collaborative and strategic thinking that together deliver transformative results. You are collaborative and can easily develop meaningful partnerships that are based on a strong understanding of your client’s needs. You have strong organizational and project management skills to lead policy projects.
We are invested in creating a culture of engagement where people matter, service is paramount, and we build a community that is innovative, inclusive and bold.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Policy and Performance , this policy professional will conduct research, undertake consultation, analysis and evaluation, interpret trends and opportunities, and make recommendations on policy options and compliance to support a comprehensive and integrated Corporate Policy framework and program. This role prepares reports, presentations, position papers, policy guides and templates and supports the coordination and tracking of policy matters going to Council and the Corporate Leadership Team to maintain a corporate policy repository.
- Conducts research and analysis, including benchmarking and best practices and prepares reports regarding policy and program recommendations, including financial, organizational operational and administrative implications.
- Leads project studies to address the development, and delivery of policy and related initiatives (e.g., policy, procedures and guidelines).
- Provides support in the development and introduction of change as well as reviewing, evaluating and recommending options on policies and processes.
- Works with internal and external groups and other stakeholders to obtain and organize information (e.g., research, statistics, expert opinion) for review and analysis.
- Identifies opportunities for change and makes recommendations based on need for policy updates, including implementation and compliance requirements.
- Builds capacity for policy development across the organization through knowledge exchange and the development and implementation of learning and development tools and tactics.
- Works closely with other policy leads across the organization to align methodologies and client initiatives, and to provide a consistent approach to broader policy analysis and development.
- Leads and assists in facilitations and consultations with business units across the organization from a corporate policy perspective.
- Builds and strengthens positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional departments, team and management to ensure a thorough understanding of operational needs.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Ensures policies and compliance measures are accurately and adequately documented to reduce and mitigate risks.
- Ensures documentation (reports, correspondence, training materials, etc.) reflects research, best practices and leading edge models to achieve successful results.
- Provides management with updates and status on issues or concerns relating to policies, practices and procedures as required to meet corporate service standards.
- Prepares management reports, presentations and general ad hoc information as required accurately by established timelines.
- Conducts research and analysis using internal and external resources to gain insight of market trends, current programs, processes, policies and practices to support management and recommend ways to improve business processes, service solutions and best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
- Works well within diverse groups in support of operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates corporate values at all times.
- Participates as a member of cross-functional team.
- Provides support/backup as necessary
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent in related field
- 3-5 years experience (in related field) preferably in both public and/or unionized environment. Municipal experience is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments and applicable Legislations is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the policy /legislative process, government decision making, policy development and research tools.
- Ability to effectively apply project management methodologies in order to effectively manage priorities and meet timelines and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and formulate strategies and policies that are practical and have impact.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills to prepare and present complex research analyses, detailed policy frameworks, materials for presentations and briefings, customizing communication to the needs of the audience
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to manage the implementation of solutions in response to organizational issues and policy needs.
- Strong customer service and people management skills; interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented, well organized and able to prioritize multiple complex tasks and activities meeting conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Computer and data management skills, able to use MS Office proficiently.
- Travel within City of Brampton, occasional travel outside for research purposes
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by: October 24, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103163 by October 24, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.