Under the direction of the Supervisor, liaise with and between performing arts groups and in-house technical staff to ensure superior service and comfort for artists.
- Gather information from show folder
- Coordinate duties with Stage Manager
- Meet and greet artists upon their arrival at the designated venue
- Escort artist and respond to all inquires
- Check supplies and tidy the green room, kitchen and dressing rooms before and after performance
- Open and setup green room and necessary dressing rooms prior to the artist’s arrival
- Upon the artist’s request, coordinate and complete necessary wardrobe duties including but not limited to: steaming and ironing clothing, minor repairs, and laundry and stain removal.
- Set up and prepare food, beverages and other rider requirements
- Ensure sufficient water and towels are available for artist on stage
- Confirm information regarding complimentary tickets set aside by the artist. Communicate this information to Front of House and Box Office personnel.
- Confirm information regarding expected backstage guests, access to dressing rooms, etc. with appropriate personnel (artist or production managers). Communicate guests’ names with FOH, Box Office, Security and the Stage Manager.
- Assist with merchandise sales, when necessary
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Smart Serve Certified
- Minimum 1 year experience in a hospitality or performing arts theatre related environment
- Valid, non-probationary Ontario Class G driver’s license and ability to obtain City of Brampton Vehicle Operator’s Permit
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time
Applications must be received by October 24, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by October 24, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.