ENTERPRISE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Team Lead, Location Intelligence & Data Visualization, the Enterprise System Administrator has overall responsibility to administer and support Enterprise Systems/Solutions related to GIS (Geographic Information System) & CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drafting). This role is technical and includes coordinating and interacting with other staff - administrators (server, network, database), analysts, developers, application administrators & solution vendors, to ensure system availability and sustainability. This includes overseeing all activities relating to the technical environment, including software, application server, security and access management, monitoring, performance, availability management and capacity management.
- Responsible for the integrity and security of the Enterprise Applications (GIS and CADD) Production environment and all related support and maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement the Enterprise System(s) security strategy, including design, implementation and enforcement in regards to separation of duties of the various roles identified in the system(s).
- Utilize strong systems benchmarking and performance optimization skills to identify, define and implement pro-active monitoring and administrative technologies and procedures. Identify potential issues before they impact the end user, identify and implement areas for improvement and performance tuning.
- Define, document and maintain policies, standard operating procedures, system documentation and associated training plans for the administration and use of the Enterprise Systems (GIS and CADD).
- Take a pro-active approach to system maintenance and problem avoidance including responsibility for the technical integrity, administration, maintenance and support of all technical components (including: application servers, report servers, application instances, integration points and other related technologies) in the daily operations of the Enterprise Systems (GIS and CADD).
- Responsible for design and implementation of Quality Assurance processes for changes to the production operating environment to ensure integrity and security of all system and data components.
- Lead the planning, design, installation, administration, support and maintenance of the Enterprise Systems (GIS and CADD) to ensure a reliable, robust and cost effective service.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the system administration Maintenance and Release management plan and the resulting maintenance streams and processes.
- Collaborate with external contacts and colleagues both inside and outside the IT organizational units.
- Conduct system reviews to adhere to regulatory, industry standards and corporate policies.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of three (3) to four (4) years in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Over four (4) years, up to and including eighth (8) years experience in IT and Enterprise system administration.
- 2 years supervisory/project lead experience is an asset
- Experience with the administration and support of and Enterprise GIS & the Esri suite of products, including ArcGIS for Server 10.1 and above, ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS is an asset;
- Experience with CADD technology including, the Bentley suite of products, MicroStation, ProjectWise, and InRoads/OpenRoads, and Autodesk products, AutoCAD, 3DSMax is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint (including Office 365), LDAP / ADFS is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL Server and Oracle, an understanding of integration protocols and technologies
- Experience with cloud platforms (i.e. Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS) is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Web and Application server support and administration (preferably Windows Server, Linux, IIS, Oracle WebLogic)
- 2 years application development experience (.Net, C#, PL/SQL, TFS, Visual Studio Suite), previous scripting experience is an asset (i.e. Shell scripting)
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework required, ITIL V3 Foundations Certification is an asset
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance, FOI/MFIPPA regulations an asset
- Good organization and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
**Starting Salary: $79,661.40 per annum
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Union
Applications must be received by: October, 21, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference # 103154 by October 21, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.