Reporting to the Coordinator/Supervisor, responsible for technical aspects of theatre production i.e. lighting, painting, carpentry while maintaining a clean and safe work environment Ensure safety and quality customer service to all patrons and clients of the City of Brampton theatres.
- Work with clients, professionals and community performing arts groups to ensure a smooth load-in of lighting, sound, rigging, carpentry, video and stage equipment and set-up of performance.
- Provide technical support including, but not limited to, transportation, setup, installation, operation and striking of lighting, sound, rigging, video, carpentry and staging equipment and systems at City theatres, production scene shop and other event locations.
- Perform preventative maintenance to theatre systems, tools and equipment including lighting, sound, rigging, carpentry, video, and staging while assisting in maintaining an inventory of these and all City theatre technical assets.
- Assist with ensuring all contract production requirements are met including lighting, sound, rigging, carpentry, video, wardrobe, scenic paint, properties and staging.
- Perform daily maintenance of all scene shop tools and equipment including brushes, rollers, sprayers, etc. to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist in ensuring that technical requirements are met for the professional series, rental clients, and other city members by painting scenery and building properties.
- Possess radio and keys at all times during shift to ensure clear communication and accessibility.
- Provide direction and job assignments to contractors and coop students.
- Communicate information and updates with Artist Liaison and Front of House (FOH) when necessary.
- Generate various show related reports and keep daily maintenance and equipment logs.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, painting and removing garbage from stage and surrounding work-related areas
- Understand, apply, enforce and adhere to Corporate Policies and Procedures, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants, contracts and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Over 1 year related experience in a performing arts theatre environment
- Valid non-probationary Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence may be required
- College certificate or diploma in technical theatre an asset
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by September 28, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.