BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (PRESTO) (9-MONTH CONTRACT)
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Business Systems, this position is responsible for providing analysis, process modeling and support to established and proposed Transit systems, in order to ensure optimum functionality and configuration that supports user requirements. This role provides excellent service while protecting the integrity of Transit systems.
- Business Analyst. Monitors and recommends changes to business processes and supporting technology to improve the quality of service plan deliverables. Represents Brampton Transit on various Committees with both internal and external stakeholders. Reviews data, trends and correlations to identify related issues. Responsible for gathering user requirements and developing into a conceptual design. Collates, analyzes and interprets data dealing with complex problems and unexpected situations, including making recommendations. Implements approved process improvements, using project management methodology to document processes, functionality, time lines and expected results. Establishes performance measurement based tools and reports. Participates in test plans development and review sessions. Flags concerns and escalates to appropriate level for performance or system infringement issues to ensure integrity of data. Retrieves statistical data on users and identifies deviations for appropriate correction or review measures. Regularly reports on system usage and continuously strives to maintain the integrity of the system and its’ users. Provides analytical advice and assimilates data for statistical overviews. Troubleshoots issues to ensure prompt resolve within the confines of system accountability.
- Day-to-day operational support. Responds to user identified system issues and concerns in a timely way. Ensures required functionality and reporting capability meets the needs of the Corporation and end users. Liaise with System vendor in ensuring identified issues are resolved, tested and implemented in a timely fashion. Identify associated business risks and any potential impact on Transit Systems and or Service delivery. Maintain the department security tree and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and methodologies. Keep abreast of software development and makes applicable recommendations. Effective and quick resolve of problems is required so that systems are operationally maximized. Participates in testing and implementation of system modules and provides final approval for system acceptance testing.
- Best Practices and Financial Accountability. Continuously reviews practices for improvements and keeps abreast of emerging trends to determine the future strategic direction of the Transit business systems. Works with the Financial Analyst system related capital and operating budgets and ensures appropriate controls are in place. Makes budget recommendations using best practice reviews for system improvements and determines financial impacts for consideration. Utilizing best practice reviews, integrates business processes and procedures that will support the Transit business operations. Makes recommendations for pertinent communication as it relates to changes to ensure seamless system operation. Provides reports that support the budget activities within the Transit division.
- User Support and System Management. Supervises and directs assigned staff in the management of related system functions and includes evaluating staff performance as it relates to usage. Advises Supervisor on problems, issues, and performance issues of system usage. Defines and documents business functions and processes and consults with functional and Transit management staff to identify, define and document procedures, problems and security levels of system access. Lead new release changes associated with system deployments through coordination of COB and the Vendor change processes to achieve desired goal. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of various procedures and functions within Transit business units. Provides training materials and conducts end user training sessions. Coordinates end user testing. Provides user support and troubleshoots functionality issues. Communicates business objectives and articulates end user needs in committees and meetings. Ensures the system is not compromised with improper usage or tracking and provides technical assistance, mentoring and coaching of a technical nature.
- Project team member. Participates on project teams and focus groups for project initiation, development and upgrades. Work with team members to identify opportunities and risks to current and forecasted projects. May liaise with third party vendors in the discussion of issues and requests, and in identification of solutions.
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science/Computer Technology or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum 3 years related experience, preferably in the Transit industry; municipal experience an asset.
- Extensive experience with SQL and Crystal reports/writing is preferred.
- Extensive experience in business re-modelling, system administration and support of mission critical systems in a high-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Business Object Webi reporting tool an asset.
- Smart business technology an asset.
- Financial experience an asset.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a strong aptitude for working with users, vendors and clients.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
**Starting Salary: $77,201.00 per yr
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by: September, 21st, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103088 by September 21st, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.