Reference #: 102787
Under the direction of Foreperson, Facilities Maintenance, this position will be responsible for installing, maintain and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. Perform complex trades work in one or more of the following areas: electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) as required.
Millwright/Industrial Mechanic Qualification
- Daily inspection and maintenance of plant facilities and equipment.
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install, align and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation, set up and repair of machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- General building maintenance and reports, including repairs to doors, walls, ceilings, furniture, washrooms, plumbing, pneumatic controls, hydraulics & electrical devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance to specified plant equipment.
- Inspects and maintains the boiler system and the heating and air conditioning systems, undertaking minor repairs as required.
- The coordination of repairs with outside contractors on various projects within the scope of maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Inspects and maintains major garage equipment.
- Provide direction and functional guidance to Facilities Helpers as necessary.
- Completes routine forms, records or reports, including minor written reports on work inspected.
- Performs other similar and related duties to this position, as assigned.
Electrician, Plumber and/or HVAC Qualification
- Electrician Qualification: Responsible for the planning, installation, inspection, repair and scheduled maintenance of electrical wiring, fixtures, electrical equipment and controls within all Brampton Transit facilities. Reviews and interprets building plans and specifications to determine the layout of wiring.
- Plumber Qualification: Responsible for the planning, installation, inspection, repair and scheduled maintenance of plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment and controls within all Brampton Transit facilities. Reviews and interprets building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks and waste and drainage systems.
- HVAC Qualification: Responsible for the planning, installation, inspection, repair and scheduled maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, equipment and controls within all Brampton Transit facilities. Reviews and interprets building plans and specifications to determine the layout of HVAC systems; including electrical and plumbing components.
- Maintains inspection and activity logs of all work performed for submission to governing authorities.
- Works in cooperation with other trades and contractors to ensure all specifications, legislation and policies are adhered to.
- Performs other similar and related duties to this position, as assigned
- Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- 3 year apprenticeship in a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic program
- Apprenticeship in an Electrician, Plumber or HVAC program
- 3 years experience as a hands-on Millwright or Industrial Mechanic
- 3 years experience as a hands-on Electrician, Plumber or HVAC Technician
- Current and valid Millwright Certificate of Trade Qualification.
- Current and valid Certificate of Trade Qualification in one of the following trades: Electrician, Plumber or HVAC Technician
- A current class DZ licence in good standing, or the ability to upgrade an existing class G driver’s licence to a class DZ licence
- A current forklift operator’s certificate or the ability to obtain a forklift operator’s certificate
- Able to work shifts and variable hours
- Able to handle physical demands of the job
- Able to work outside and in all weather conditions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment and use appropriate safety equipment to complete job tasks in a safe manner
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
***Job Rate: 80,496.00 Annually.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Union
Applications must be received by: March 27th, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com quoting reference #102787 by March 27th 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.