Under the direction of the Operations Coordinator/Supervisor on Duty, maintains all amenities of assigned facility including arena and/or pool, any meeting rooms/auditoriums, common and leased space to ensure that the building is clean and safely operated at all times.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain facility, grounds, equipment and amenities i.e. Operate ice resurfacer, compressor readings, edge, chip ice, paint lines, check pool equipment, maintain water balance, backwash and vacuum pool, pick litter, snow and ice removal, cut grass, wash and strip floors, wash windows and doors, clean washrooms, change rooms, empties garbage
- Liaise with the public with a positive customer service approach to provide information regarding the facility, to arrange room rentals, etc.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures, facility inspection reports)
- Set-up and take down of event spaces for functions, i.e. socials, trainings and meetings
- Monitor user functions to ensure that building security is maintained and the rental contract is adhered to. Contact emergency personnel (e.g. police, ambulance) if required
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Monitor building systems reporting concerns to supervisor
- Open and close building, ensuring that alarms are properly set; and doors are secured
- Assume responsibility for the facility in the absence of the supervisor or facility general operator
- Oversee facility attendant I in absence of Supervisor or Facility General Operator
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years old
- Valid Ontario non-probationary Class “G” driver’s licence
- Ability to obtain City of Brampton Propane Certification, Off-road Permit and necessary equipment licenses
- Ability to work in varying and extreme weather conditions
- 2 years’ experience in a recreation facility environment
- Certified Pool Operator Certification an asset
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.