Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator, responsible for the organized, timely and professional start and play of all rounds of golf that is enjoyable for all participants.
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants, provide instructions and course information
- Start each round of play according to the time recorded on the daily Tee Sheet
- Inspect the golf course regularly during each shift to monitor playing conditions, ensure appropriate pace of play, and adherence to golf rules and regulations
- Clean, maintain, charge, park carts throughout the day & at end of the day
- Assist in the maintenance of the golf course and around clubhouse
- Maintain a safe and tidy work areas ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance, checklists, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures)
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Knowledge of the game of golf including rules and regulations
- Valid “G2” Ontario driver’s license and ability to obtain City of Brampton Off Road Vehicle Operator Permit
- Smart Serve Certified
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.