Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer/Recreation Coordinator, responsible for the operational performance of the food and beverage areas and provide a high quality of service and products to customers.
- Supervising the bartenders and ensuring that the highest level of quality and consistency in serving and preparation is practised by staff at all times
- Develop, deliver and document staff training and meetings
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging customers in product selection
- Practice “selling up” method of sales
- Anticipate volume and prepare items to meet demand
- Assist with special events and private receptions
- Receive, check, and re-stock inventory
- Accountable for following established cash handling procedures including balancing at the end of each shift and verifying floats
- Ensure staff is following opening and closing procedures and assist when necessary
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. revenue reports, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures, payroll, schedules, spoilage and inventory)
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor and take appropriate action
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Smart Serve certified
- Minimum 1 year experience in the food and beverage industry
- Problem solving and conflict resolution, using sound judgment and diplomacy in confrontational situations as demonstrated through scenario testing
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.