Under the direction of the supervisor on duty, responsible for professionally preparing and serving refreshments while providing excellent customer service.
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging customers in product selection
- Responsible for the preparation and serving of drinks and food while practicing “selling up” method of sales
- Follow operating and drink and food preparation standards
- Work with team to open and close service area following established procedures
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. revenue reports, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures)
- Anticipate volume and prepare items to meet demand
- Receive, check, and re-stock inventory as required
- Maintain clean and safe work stations and equipment at all times
- Utilize problem solving and conflict resolution skills, using sound judgement and diplomacy in confrontational situations
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor and take appropriate action
- Assist in special events
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills as demonstrated through scenario testing (Theatre)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Food Handler’s Certificate may be required
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Valid “G2” Ontario driver’s licence and ablity to obtain City of Brampton Off Road Vehicle Operator’s Permit (Golf Course only)
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.