Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer/Recreation Coordinator, plan, organize and implement a high quality customer service program to sport facility users and tournament participants. Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to staff.
- Assist with recruiting, supervising, coaching and evaluating staff
- Develop, deliver and document staff training and meetings
- Collect sport facility usage data (ie. permit users vs non-permit users, type of use, volume of use, sport amenity conditions)
- Tabulate and analyze usage data and providing weekly and monthly reports
- Customer interaction with users of sport facilities to ensure appropriate useage by permit holders
- Report inappropriate use and/or concerns to appropriate city departments
- Ensure staff are equipped with all mandatory equipment during the program
- Assist in a variety of event support roles ie. admission control, timekeeping
- Handle program feedback in a professional manner by providing exceptional customer service
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (i.e. staff schedules and routes, payroll, reports and incident/accident reports)
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Travel between work sites during shift
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 yrs of age
- Ability to work in varying and extreme weather conditions
- Valid Ontario non-probationary Class “G” driver’s licence and ability to obtain City of Brampton Vehicle Operator permit or have access to a vehicle
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.