Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer/Recreation Coordinator, supervise and maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for all users. Provide supervision and guidance to Skate/Shinny Guards.
- Supervise participants and maintain complete vigilance to minimize risks, and be ready to respond at all times
- Maintain a safe, enjoyable, and inclusive program environment for all participants by educating and enforcing skating rules
- Ensure all participants are equipped with a CSA approved helmet (and facemask for shinny participants) during the program
- Ensure proper zone coverage and positioning
- Supervise program participants and ensure their safety both on and off ice
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- address and resolve complaints and on-ice issues Communicate with participants in regards to lesson opportunities and accident prevention
- Address and resolve complaints and on-ice issues
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance and ticket verification, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures, safety and compliance checks)
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years skating experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working with recreational skates and/or shinnies or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate skating skills during on ice interview
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Additional certifications considered an asset
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by March 30, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
| || |
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by March 30, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.