Become a part of our aquatics team. It is an excellent opportunity to develop leadership skills, have fun and meet new friend. We have numerous positions available including daytime hours from Monday to Friday, approximately 9am-3pm
Resumes are accepted year-round and positions are filled based on operational needs.
- Deliver aquatic programs following required standards
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Supervise program participants and ensure their safety
- Maintain a safe, clean facility and ensure equipment is stored appropriately
- Complete necessary compliance checks in accordance to Health Regulation 565/90
- Administrative duties, as required
- Minimum of 100 hours guarding and 150 hours instructing experience
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructors and/or LSS Swim Instructors and LSS Lifesaving Instructors
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS)
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR 'C', AED
- Aquatic Supervisory Training (AST)
- Additional aquatic qualifications, an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check, at their own expense, prior to commencing employment
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Applications must be received by: September 28, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by September 28, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.